Monday 25 August 2014

Transfer 8 Week 3

Hey ya!
Well this week has been actually not to bad! I have enjoyed the beautiful weather and loved every day I get to wake up and clip on my name tag. It is the best feeling clipping that name tag on your white shirt and putting on the tie. It has helped me soo much and to find a greater purpose. Through serving almost a year now, I have come to know that I have been called of a Prophet of God to come here. I would not come or have chosen anywhere else. I love Ontario dearly and all the people here. I have been reassured that this Prophet and what I am out here doing is what God wants me to do. I have come to be able to notice God's hand in all that I do. As I have encourage you before I would invite you again. Start keeping a journal and record what happens in your day and how you have seen God's hand. This is an excerpt from President Eyring's talk, Oh Remember, Remember. This illustrates the importance of record keeping and shares some of the joys that can come from it. I have gone every day without fail and have been so blessed for it.

"I wrote down a few lines every day for years. I never missed a day no matter how tired I was or how early I would have to start the next day. Before I would write, I would ponder this question: “Have I seen the hand of God reaching out to touch us or our children or our family today?” As I kept at it, something began to happen. As I would cast my mind over the day, I would see evidence of what God had done for one of us that I had not recognized in the busy moments of the day. As that happened, and it happened often, I realized that trying to remember had allowed God to show me what He had done.
More than gratitude began to grow in my heart. Testimony grew. I became ever more certain that our Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. I felt more gratitude for the softening and refining that come because of the Atonement of the Savior Jesus Christ. And I grew more confident that the Holy Ghost can bring all things to our remembrance—even things we did not notice or pay attention to when they happened.
My point is to urge you to find ways to recognize and remember God’s kindness. It will build our testimonies. You may not keep a journal. You may not share whatever record you keep with those you love and serve. But you and they will be blessed as you remember what the Lord has done. You remember that song we sometimes sing: “Count your many blessings; name them one by one, And it will surprise you what the Lord has done."

I love this talk as it has helped me to learn what to write and what I can do to help my posterity and myself.

So this week was pretty good. Wednesday was an awesome day. We got to go to Pizza Hut for lunch with the Cepada's. Then we went and did some drop bys and than went out to visit a less active member named Bro. Laurin. He is an older gentleman who lost his wife a few years ago. We have been able to met with him a couple of times and he has started coming back to church and we are slowly building a good relationship with him. Then Cyndie our other awesome member who we are working with left to Alberta! We are going to miss her sooooo much! We stopped by on Thursday and just chatted with her and said good  byes and taught her one last time. She gave us one last parting gift which was some delicious Zucchini with pineapple and  bananas! It was soooo good!

Early on that morning we had District Meeting over the phone. In all honestly it was so weird talking and teaching the phone. I hate conference calls haha. But it was good as we discussed How we help our invs understand the role of the invs in their lives and even in our own. It is so important that we prepare ourselves for the Holy Ghost and strive to make sure we are doing all we can to increase its influence in our life. Then it will be brought in more through your testimonies, sharing experiences, and using the scriptures. This is how we help people experience and to become converted is by helping them feel the spirit.

 Then that afternoon we had physio and went out to the Ripley's. They are still an awesome family and I love the Spirit at there home! Such an example to me for what I want things to look like when I get home. Than we had an awesome drive home into the sun! Thursday we had gone over to the Kuezak's place and had some really good chili. After for the Spiritual thought we discussed how we can increase the influence of the Spirit in our lives and so I challenge you to do that too! Find a way to help draw the Spirit into your life and keep on doing it. For me it was recording what I learned in my studies from the scriptures!

Saturday We went out to the Cepada's. Our job was working on the i beam and so it turned out that everyone ditched and it was just me scrubbing it and cleaning it off. It took a long time to do it but finally it was done. I was so tired but it was worth it! Now it looks as good as new! Sunday was church and that was spent hanging out with the Dunnings. Bro Dunning is AWESOME. He told us A ton of stories about before he was a member and boy after a hard week it brightened my day!!! It was a good finish to my week. So this week we had two cool experiences. The first one was we were out tracking and we had not yet found any invs this week so we said a prayer and we then proceeded to walk down the street. A guy and his girlfriend called us over and started to talk to us about their lives and religion! It was an awesome experience to be able to teach and testify to them of God's plan and how they can strengthen their relationship through the Gospel. It was an answer to my prayers.

Then the second was a result of District Meeting. We were out talking to people and we came to this one person who was not really interested but as I bore my testimony to them of the Restoration we saw their heart soften right in front of us. It was a very spiritual moment for me and the person was touched but did not want to learn more. It really helped me more than anything. A mission is for helping others but most importantly yourself. I know this is true and I love my mission! I would not trade it for anything else!


Love you all and have an awesome week!
Love
Elder Sopal


No comments:

Post a Comment